Do you have a multiple Gmail account with the same name and have been looking for how to delete one of the Gmail account. If yes then you are at the right place.
Deleting a Gmail account is permanent. After going through the process, all of your emails and account settings will be erased. You will no longer be able to use your Gmail address to send or receive mails, and the address will not be made available for anyone else to use in the future.
However, deleting a Gmail account does not delete the entire Google Account only the
email address and account that is associated with it that will be deleted. You will still have access to all other Google.
More so, account services, such as Google Drive, your calendar, Google Play and more.
Gmail will ask that you provide an alternate email address to use to sign into the
Google Account in the future.
See More: How to Create Yahoo Acount on Mobile
Why People Delete Gmail Account
The major reason people delete their Google account is because of issues
encountered from the account such as fraud, hacking and mismanagement of
But Mind you: Deleting an entire Google Account means that the content in your Google Drive, Google Calendar and Google Photos accounts will be lost and you will no longer have access to subscriptions purchased on YouTube or Google Play with that account (such as apps, movies, games, music and TV shows). If there is a Google Chrome browser synced with the deleted Google Account, the browser’s information, including bookmarks, will be deleted as well.
What Happens to Emails Sent to My Deleted Gmail Address?
- People who send mail to your old Gmail address will receive back a delivery failure notification. You might want to announce a new or alternate old address to your contacts.
How to Delete a Google Gmail Account
After considering the above reason and things that will happen when you delete
a Google Gmail account and you still want to continue then follow the produce below.
- Sign into your Gmail account on Google.com
- Click the grid icon in the upper right-hand corner and select “Account.”
- Under the “Account preferences” section click “Delete your account or
- Select “Delete products.”
- Enter your password.
- Click “Download Data” to save any important information from being
- Click the trash can icon next to “Gmail.”
- Click “Send Verification Email.”
- Open the email from Google you should have received with your alternate
- follow the deletion link in the message.
- If prompted, log into the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Select “Yes, I want to delete (example) @gmail.com.”
- Click “Delete Gmail.” Then, click “Done.”
Note: The administrator of the account is the only one who can delete the Gmail
account. With the processing listed out on the page, I believe you have successfully
deleted your Gmail account.