This is a guide on how to stop Facebook email notifications because it is so annoying to come into your email platform only to find out many messages from Facebook flooding your inbox. When you adhere to the tips without much ado, you will stop these emails smoothly.
Facebook is a social app that helps users to catch up with everything that is happening in the world. From different parts of the world, users get to meet each other through this social media community. While Facebook is trying to keep you busy with easy and free communication and information, there are a few things that users find annoying. By default, Facebook sends you messages of all the activities taking place in your Facebook account.
It is not only through pop-up notifications and SMS that all the happenings in your account are updated to you. When an email is attached to the Facebook account, these same messages will be sent directly to your email as well without much ado except if you reset it. These messages include; notifications on new messages, friend requests, tagged posts, comments on posts you are tagged in, new posts, contacts’ birthdays, and so on.
Having all of them in your email is havoc. That is why we have taken out time to show you how to go about this deactivation. Facebook knows that you may not like this setting, which is why all users are free to reset this notification to their preferences. When you opt-out of this setting with the help of this composition, you will stop Facebook email notifications.
The social media platform and app take the responsibility of updating you on what’s new. That is why you always receive briefs of
- Friend requests and accepted requests.
- New messages or reactions.
- Reactions to your posts.
- Comments and people that reacted to your comments.
- When someone tries to login with your Facebook account.
- List of people you may know.
- Posts that you are mentioned and reactions under the posts.
- So much more.
Facebook loves to update the account users so that they either keep track of the activities, attend to their audience, or check their accounts later.
Places that Facebook Sends Notifications
Facebook notifies users through three places
- SMS: They will send you a notification to the phone number that is affiliated with your phone number.
- Email: Gmail or other emails related to the account.
- Pop-up Notifications: On the device that this account is logged in.
Not everybody prefers to receive Facebook notifications in their emails and even through SMS. When you don’t, change the settings by following the steps below.
How to Stop Facebook Email Notifications
On the deactivation page, you will find email, SMS, and pop-up notifications, choose email and even SMS if you don’t like how Facebook notifications appear in your email and SMS respectively.
- Login Facebook mobile app by tapping on it – For an app that is already logged in.
- Locate the hamburger line at the top right side of your screen and tap on it.
- Scroll to “Settings & Privacy”. Tap on it.
- Next, tap on Notifications under the Settings submenu.
- Under “Where you Receive Notifications”, choose “Email”.
- Turn off the activities that you don’t want to be receiving in your email by sliding the toggle. Slide all the activities if you don’t want to receive the notifications.
Do these same things to other places where Facebook messages are sent if you don’t want to continue receiving notifications via them.
How to Stop Facebook Notifications without Logging In
If you cannot login to your account now or don’t want to do the deactivation inside your Facebook account, move straight to your email to unsubscribe. This only works for those that want to stop Facebook email notifications, not changing Notification settings generally.
- Go to your email.
- Locate one of the messages sent by Facebook and open it.
- At the bottom side of the body of the message, try to find “if you don’t want to receive these emails from Meta in the future, please Unsubscribe”.
- Tap the Unsubscribe.
- Confirm that you want to stop the notifications.
With the directions above, you will succeed in opting out of Facebook email notifications and reset your Facebook notifications to your preferences.
Go ahead and ask questions in the comment box below if you still do something wrong.